Have you experienced a substantial increase OR decrease in monthly income since you filed?
Do you want to surrender property that you initially wanted to keep and are paying for inside your Chapter 13 plan?
If so, you may be eligible to have your monthly Chapter 13 payment reduced. In order for us to determine your eligibility, you would need to fill out a Modification Request Packet. The Packet is attached to this website. Please “click” the button below:
(1) Please fill out the attached packet as completely as you possibly can.
(2) Please upload 2 of your most recent pay stubs or 2 months of statements reflecting your current financial situation. Please be careful not to use a pay stub that is larger than normal because of overtime or short because you took some time off.
(3) Please upload your most recently filed federal and state tax returns if you are required to file tax returns.
(4) If you are surrendering (giving up) property being paid inside your Chapter 13 plan, please be sure to upload a statement formally surrendering the property. If you filed your bankruptcy with your spouse, the statement must be signed by both you and your spouse even if the property is only in one of your names.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
(1) Due to the high volume of modification requests we receive, they are worked on in the order they are received. Typically, the turnaround for us to contact you regarding your eligibility to reduce your payment is about 30 days. However, it may take about 60 days for your payments to actually decrease if you are eligible..
*FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE REQUESTED INFORMATION OR FAILURE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ASKED IN THE MODIFICATION REQUEST PACKET, WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF YOUR REQUEST FOR MODIFICATION REVIEW.*
(2) It is important to remember this serves as no guarantee we can lower your payment. You should continue to make efforts to pay your payments at the current amount, while our office reviews the plan.
THIS REVIEW IS NOT A DEFENSE FOR DELINQUENT PAYMENTS OR DEFAULTING ON A CONSENT ORDER.